May 23, 2019, 11:50:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 UKDFBA Heart Of England Results, Report & Pics  (Read 7906 times)
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:20:24 PM »

Full results and pictures now live on the website at...

http://www.drugfreebodybuilding.co.uk/2017hofe.shtml

Last UKDFBA qualifier of the year was a knockout show with tremendous quality throughout and packed theatre. Shaping up to be a very exciting final!

Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 07:16:46 AM »

Serious set of quads on the junior winner
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:50:10 AM »

I thought the same!
That last picture of the Overall winner is a corker!  Cheesy
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 04:52:46 PM »

Proud of my friend Ben Guest who I prepped won the novice class
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 08:45:40 PM »

Was a great contest.  Tiring, but a really satisfying day.

Only 6 years ago, we ran our first UK there with 48 onstage and 200 in the audience so for a qualifier to pull 100/450 is really reassuring.

On to the finals now.  125 entries and counting.  There are 50 athletes yet to confirm or decline their invitations so I'm pretty sure we'll end up somewhere near last years 144.
fhwill

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 11:51:59 AM »

That's brilliant news!  Cheesy We were talking on Sunday about the venue being sold out, good going!
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 01:21:25 PM »

great show, with deep quality throughout.

Looking forward to the finals
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 05:24:20 AM »

With there being no more qualifiers UKDFBA should become a pioneer and allow others who hae qualified for finals in other feds cross over and gain access to the UKDFBA finals. It's just an idea but similar to the Pro class allowing other pros to enter if you have proven to be British level why not gain access? Theo nearly never got an invite to Miami and Darren Loxton didn't they could come and havea crack at the UKDFBA with a rule like that. Also some might not be able to make the trip to Miami but still be interested in competing again this season. It's just an idea that I think would be pretty cool rule to implement. Just thinking out loud.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 08:36:22 AM »

In theory, at first glance and thought it seems like an idea to consider but in reality I believe not for several reasons but straight out of the gate we have that the finals should be of the highest standard and we don't want other peoples shit turning up at our show and there are plenty that are in finals that are pretty poor. We have all seen a qualifier with 30 competitors, 1 or 2 in a class and some guy who looks like he should be on the sun lounger with his grandkids actually wins the damn class. That guy will be the unplaced one at the BNBF finals, the "thanks for attending" guy.  I cannot see other feds wanting that guy rocking up through the back door and dragging down the standard.

So then the thought would become narrowing it down to the top three from the BNBF finals, or 4th like D-Lox and a couple other ones who were 4th or 5th but are quality. For me, again, no as its a bit of a fingers up to the competitors who respected the UKDFBA and supported them throughout the year and qualified normally. These people would now also be treating the UKDFBA as a bit of a consolation prize when actually it is at least on an equal footing.

They had plenty of opportunities to qualify normally and would have been in shape on a qualifier date as they would have qualified with the BNBF at some similar point in time, so if they did not value it enough to qualify and support the grassroots, for me they should not be allowed into the showcase event
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 08:56:49 AM »

Although I guess Louis could come over to compete for a real pro card  Cool
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 09:20:31 AM »

Although I guess Louis could come over to compete for a real pro card  Cool

There is that but since you guys give out 10 pro cards a season your amateurs will be so watered down you could use some guys like Theo and D Lox to boost your chances in the amateur world finals. 😝
Damo NY

www.damianleestailoredfitness.co.uk

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »

In theory, at first glance and thought it seems like an idea to consider but in reality I believe not for several reasons but straight out of the gate we have that the finals should be of the highest standard and we don't want other peoples shit turning up at our show and there are plenty that are in finals that are pretty poor. We have all seen a qualifier with 30 competitors, 1 or 2 in a class and some guy who looks like he should be on the sun lounger with his grandkids actually wins the damn class. That guy will be the unplaced one at the BNBF finals, the "thanks for attending" guy.  I cannot see other feds wanting that guy rocking up through the back door and dragging down the standard.

So then the thought would become narrowing it down to the top three from the BNBF finals, or 4th like D-Lox and a couple other ones who were 4th or 5th but are quality. For me, again, no as its a bit of a fingers up to the competitors who respected the UKDFBA and supported them throughout the year and qualified normally. These people would now also be treating the UKDFBA as a bit of a consolation prize when actually it is at least on an equal footing.

They had plenty of opportunities to qualify normally and would have been in shape on a qualifier date as they would have qualified with the BNBF at some similar point in time, so if they did not value it enough to qualify and support the grassroots, for me they should not be allowed into the showcase event

Agreed.  The athletes have an opportunity to compete multi-fed at the qualifiers and potentially 3 Finals, however I understand that most will have their preferred fed, and other more important thing in life to do than compete everywhere. I know Daz Loxton entered the UKDBA Northern and then withdrew, perhaps to focus on the BNBF Finals or had other stuff on.

Personally I'd love to compete against Pros from other feds. In particular the lighter pros i.e. Rob Waterhouse, Daz Cooper amongst others....
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »

That's exactly my point they may not wish or be able to do many qualifiers for whatever reason and with there not being a UKDFBA qualifier between the BNBF finals and the UKDFBA finals it might create an opportunity for some guys to compete. Hell if need be it could be invitational only and they still have to pay their membership and entry fee so it can only be a good thing for the UKDFBA. Pros can cross over and only worry about two shows some decent amateurs could be aforded the same luxury. Especially since we give out few pro cards here in the UK so there is a strong field of amateurs as we prove each year when our feds go abroad. Some who have qualified for Miami might not want to go. Someone who wins a sword might fancy winning a belt too to make history. You never know I'm just thinking about opportunities to take the sport forward it's better than segregation think of the sport and The athletes and what's best. I think it's a decent idea.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 09:01:34 PM »

With there being no more qualifiers UKDFBA should become a pioneer and allow others who hae qualified for finals in other feds cross over and gain access to the UKDFBA finals.

Or..... They could enter one of our qualifiers earlier in the season.  There were plenty.  As Damo quite rightly stated, Darren entered 2 but pulled out of both.  He'd have been most welcome, as would anyone.

Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 09:14:11 PM »

There is that but since you guys give out 10 pro cards a season your amateurs will be so watered down you could use some guys like Theo and D Lox to boost your chances in the amateur world finals. 😝

Utter bollocks on 3 counts.....

1 - "Us guys" have never given more than 4 to UK athletes in one season.  2014 - One female bodybuilding (Suzanne Stirland), one fitbody (Lucy Walton) and two male bodybuilding (Stefan Kuruc and Derek Brettell, who actually won separate contests).  In 2015 there were 3 - One masters (Steve Howarth), one figure (Penny Beaumont), One bodybuilding (Adrian Grey) plus two to International competitors (Martin Petro and David Galan).

Even in the years we've given 3/4 to UK athletes and the couple of international ones (at our international show which was represented by more countries than some Worlds are...) I don't think anyone could say there was a weak pro in sight there. 

2 - Toby does not work for the UKDFBA in any capacity, so does not speak for "us lot"

3 - Our track record at the WNBF Worlds (an actual World Championship, not one that was invented by us because we fell out with everyone else and is pretty much a re-run of the British) doesn't need a boost.  We always come home with more placings than any other overseas affiliate. 

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements