July 18, 2019, 10:20:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World championships  (Read 3437 times)
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« on: November 05, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »

Hi team

Been trying to keep on top of the natty pro scene world championships.

Dfac- was great to see David Kaye edge out Cunningham and then take the overall in this show. Forum member mushy got third with Shane Raymond 4th and the impressive new pro Louie smith 5th. Rob Waterhouse retained his lightweight world title. Amazing stuff. Kaye looked awesome.

Yorton cup: so this is the first year I believe it has been split and Cunningham took this in the last few weeks

PNBA World Cup: saw a picture of Justin firgaira taking this one but am not sure of the class breakdown. What a bodybuilder he is by the way! Ray Clarke was the other man in the overall.

So we now have the WNBF worlds to go! Iím backing sam watt for this in the absence of gozdecki

Lots of division sadly but as a fan of the sport gives me some motivation in a weekly basis right now!
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:55:30 PM »

I see Shevon lost his shit over the result. A now deleted status saying they were corrupt, face needs to fit, he won easily, that they are all mates judging each other and patting each other on the back (I have that one screenshot for posterity) etc. He is a real bad loser, when Rich trounced him there was immediate posts about Rich juicing

Oh and to comment on the WNBF, as Pete says, got to be Sam Watt all over that one. Looking granite hard and huge. Overall winner potentially. Strong UK team this year in the real elite world championship.
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:43:01 AM »

After speaking with Shevon he said he told them he was never going there again after the last couple of years but was begged to compete again with them.

After all is it even a world title without Shevon or a big American name?

Or is it just BNBF Miami tour?

Sore loser or not the guy raises valid points some times it takes an arsehole or two to actually point out the things everyone else only has the balls to say behind closed doors.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 02:35:16 PM »

Agree mate.

DFAC was set up with good intentions and the ethos behind it is commendable but until the day it attracts enough outside competitors who are not the BNBF circle, it will remain a BNBF final replay abroad to a degree. But that is a shame as the individual competitors are top notch and people I like but you'd want to see them test themselves against other people and other feds. Not sure how the gap can be bridged to bring them together. As it stands, people are not crossing the divide to the DFAC save a couple people

If this was the first time Shevon had lost his shit, fair enough, but he is a sore loser every time, including the aforementioned "Rich is a juicer" BS which went down for a while. He gets his little cheerleaders all sucking up to him and boosting his BS from shitty grainy shots taken on an iPhone in row 12.
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 03:02:13 PM »

Lots of division sadly but as a fan of the sport gives me some motivation in a weekly basis right now!

I've thought this the last few years - for a niche sport, there's far too much proliferation. It's an issue in so many sports: powerlifting, boxing, etc., but in most circumstances, the best tend to eventually compete against the best at some point.

We really have no clue who the best in natural b/b actually are. Has David Kaye ever competed against Rich Gozdecki? Even if they have, there must be numerous examples where men/women have never competed against others also considered the best in their class/category. We don't even know who the best in Britain are, let alone the World.

When I first started following natural b/b 15 odd years ago, I'm pretty sure it was just the WNBF - that made it much simpler.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »

You know exactly why I have the stance I have. You know what you did.
You robbed me of my moment at the finals twice. You robbed my friends and my family of that moment.
2015 Newcastle Danny Emberton didn't beat me. The dude was softer than me head to toe awful balance smallers legs large upper body and I murdered him on condition. You gave him my second place trophy and invite.

2016 Chris Edge lost to me. Smaller flatter upper body softer from head to toe his legs were big but that just threw of his balance and symmetry.
You gave him my trophy and invite.
You robbed me.

So karma sometimes comes back to bite doesn't it.
I know you know you robbed me because I don't believe you and your judging panel are really that terrible at judging shows so you must know you screwed me.

Anyway when Shevon turns the American audience and competitors against you and when you had to retire beating nobody and you got screwed financially by bodypower think to yourself maybe just maybe karma finds away.

Enjoy your retirement.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 01:29:09 PM »

Did I go too far dropping that in Vicky's inbox?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 01:35:23 PM »

I suspect the Body Academy Xmas Party invite may not come again this year
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 01:43:22 PM »

Figured I might aswell seal things with a rubber stamp just incase I ever feel in a good mood and try to bury the hatchet. 😂
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 01:55:25 PM »

You would think I should just let it go right?

The thing is before I competed with them in 2015 I had already previously had the infamous argument on here with Andrew.

I inboxed Vicky and apologised and asked if it was water under the bridge and if I could compete there.

She said yes.

I would have rather been told no they don't want me there.

Instead they used it to punish me and fuck with me and my family emotionally and financially. So I'm glad to deliver the big F you right now. It's satisfying.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »

Nah, just turn up anyway!

I see Shevon is still posting on it.  From the limited things I've seen, it looked like it came down to conditioning?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 04:04:56 PM »

Nah, just turn up anyway!

I see Shevon is still posting on it.  From the limited things I've seen, it looked like it came down to conditioning?

Pretty much. Shevon is a champion on the stage but an absolute helmet off the stage. Takes more than presenting a great physique to be a champion.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 12:09:26 AM »

Shevon said that the year he came in his best condition he was told he was too flat and stringy he said the year after he tried to come full and was told he was too soft so tried to strike a balance between the two this year and still fell short.

He was also annoyed that people such as Claxton were allowed to sit on the panel.

He may go the wrong way about things but sometimes has a valid point or two.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements