December 18, 2017, 11:39:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
 BULK POWDERS
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WNBF World Championships UK placings  (Read 766 times)
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« on: November 20, 2017, 11:04:15 AM »

WNBF Results. Winners first then placings

Master's - Ian Hendy 1st.
Grandmasters - Richard Walker 1st.
Junior - AJ Morris 1st.
Masters Fit Body - Lorraine Hills 1st.
Womens Bodybuilding - Danni Terresa 1st.
Mens Physique - Kieran Kevan 1st Junior, 4th Open.
Light Heavyweight - Dan Lampard 1st and Overall.
Pro Heavyweight Men - Sam Watt 1st

Pro Lightweight Men - Damian Lees 2nd, Dean Garratt 6th, Stuart Mcculloch 8th.
Pro Heavyweight Men - Nigel St Lewis 3rd, Daniel Mucha 6th, Gordie Adam unplaced.
Pro Heavyweight Women - Yvette Arthur 4th.
Pro Fit Body - Lucy Walton and Marina Cornwall unplaced.
Teens - Jack Stanyer 2nd.
Bikini - Rhi Pontin 2nd.
Figure - Leanne Hurst 3rd.
Bantamweight - David Old 2nd.
Middleweight - Thomas Hicks 4th.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:15:56 AM »

Fantastic results by the British team which shows how much depth we have in numbers. I saw a post from Nigel which basically said that anyone thinking their fed is where the quality is at needs to check themselves at the door and take a proper look at the WNBF pro heavies. Hard to disagree. Deep class for numbers, respected competitor names and then quality of physiques presented.

I have not seen pictures of every competitor from the UK nor all the classes generally but from what I have, every single UK competitor turned up in razor sharp condition but I do not think (going from some pictures but someone who witnessed first hand may correct me) that the same can be said for the rest of the world in the amateur divisions and I daresay our winners had a tougher time winning their domestic titles than the international version.

It is an odd one that the WNBF pros are just jawdropping and classes of death but the amateurs can be a mixed bag but that is not the fault of our guys, they show up ready to battle whatever else is on the stage and are bringing world class physiques to the stage.

Few interesting ones - Dean in 6th when I thought he would win his class - not sure how many classes in the pro division there was though and he was obviously severely outsized. Damo pulled it round after a showing at the UKDFBA International which disappointed him personally. Nigel pulled it round nicely to take a 3rd spot and having spoken to him before and after both this and the International, I know how disappointed he was at Bedworth and how pleased he was with this, one of the sports good guys

Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »

Really pleased for Sam and Danni taking their wins - much deserved.  Did Danni get a pro card too?
I too have been surprised at the number of entrants in some worlds contests.  You'd imagine the numbers would be stacked.  The UK really is setting the standard these days in natural bodybuilding.
Dsymmetry

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »

Thanks tobes. As I sit here demolishing my 7th Mexican burrito I'm disgusted with myself.🤣🙈
This show was easily the toughest show I've ever done without question. The level of quality was mine boggling no weak physique. Non..exactly how it should be at the worlds and I must admit to feeling a little anxious backstage lol.

Sam was always going to be difficult to topple his share size with condition is just second to non a deserved win, Sam who placed 2nd. Again huge with crazy symmetry won every show he did this year. By the end of prejudging I was moved from the middle put back in the middle I knew I was in the running but had no clue on placings in fact knowone knew, would be interesting to see the score sheets. Didn't get to see the lightweight as we were back stage. But Dean and damo looked incredible, Dean was peeled to the bone literally. He looked flawless, How he placed 6th must be testament to the quality on the day. Shared some funny moments with Dean backstage,  which really helps when nerves set in,  funny guy, all in all i brought my best on the day. I had a point to prove after the UK show. Never had I felt such anger. You can drown in self pity or move on, to place third in this group of bodybuilders was redemption to me. There are many so called natural world championships. If you really want to prove you're the best jump on a wnbf stage. 😁

Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 08:57:43 PM »

Thanks tobes. As I sit here demolishing my 7th Mexican burrito I'm disgusted with myself.🤣🙈

Remembering those post show feeds in more than one restaurant around Trump, I can well imagine how easily those went down!

You can drown in self pity or move on, to place third in this group of bodybuilders was redemption to me. There are many so called natural world championships. If you really want to prove you're the best jump on a wnbf stage. 😁

Yep, right attitude mate, as I said - a set back is an opportunity for a comeback.

I wish we could get some people from other feds to come over and really see what everyone is made from. In the meantime, well done again  Grin
markh501

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »

I am not going to get into the politics of this as the sport is
already over burdened with it.
But for example for David Kaye, Rob Waterhouse and Nathan Williams (whom everybody must agree are elite level pros) to compete in the WNBF World's they would have to compete as Amateurs again  (which to me is ridiculous) and win a WNBF Pro Card (which would probably mean travelling to the States for one or 2 of them at least) .
If their Pro status was accepted by the WNBF (which it isnt) then I think it is a fair question to ask them. But as it stands at the present time it is not.
I will leave it at that as it is taking the attention away from Nigel's outstanding achievement.
Mark H
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 11:25:50 PM »

I am not going to get into the politics of this as the sport is
already over burdened with it.
But for example for David Kaye, Rob Waterhouse and Nathan Williams (whom everybody must agree are elite level pros) to compete in the WNBF World's they would have to compete as Amateurs again  (which to me is ridiculous) and win a WNBF Pro Card (which would probably mean travelling to the States for one or 2 of them at least) .
If their Pro status was accepted by the WNBF (which it isnt) then I think it is a fair question to ask them. But as it stands at the present time it is not.
I will leave it at that as it is taking the attention away from Nigel's outstanding achievement.
Mark H

Could be wrong Mark but I think their pro cards are recognised as although with the DFAC, they were earned via the BNBF (which passes the 7 year rule) and not the DFAC themselves. Tshala for example would not be recognised as he won his card at a DFAC Worlds. Could be wrong but that was my understanding. One thing for sure, we are all simply crying out for them all to be on the same stage. Rob, David and Nathan are pure elite and massively respected on this forum.
markh501

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 12:24:01 AM »

I have asked the question before of a few occasions and the BNBF part is irrelevant is what I was told.
Hopefully I am wrong though.
With the DFAC entering it's 7th year in 2018 it may not be long before DFAC cards are accepted by some of the bigger more established bodies .Time will of course tell.
In the end what will be will be.
Mark H
DDG

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 01:17:23 AM »

This show was easily the toughest show I've ever done without question. The level of quality was mine boggling no weak physique. Non..exactly how it should be at the worlds and I must admit to feeling a little anxious backstage lol.

Sam was always going to be difficult to topple his share size with condition is just second to non a deserved win, Sam who placed 2nd. Again huge with crazy symmetry won every show he did this year. By the end of prejudging I was moved from the middle put back in the middle I knew I was in the running but had no clue on placings in fact knowone knew, would be interesting to see the score sheets. Didn't get to see the lightweight as we were back stage. But Dean and damo looked incredible, Dean was peeled to the bone literally. He looked flawless, How he placed 6th must be testament to the quality on the day. Shared some funny moments with Dean backstage,  which really helps when nerves set in,  funny guy, all in all i brought my best on the day. I had a point to prove after the UK show. Never had I felt such anger. You can drown in self pity or move on, to place third in this group of bodybuilders was redemption to me. There are many so called natural world championships. If you really want to prove you're the best jump on a wnbf stage. 😁

Yes, we shared some laughs Nige. Dropping my trunks was one of the first ones. Then Gordie's videoing! LOL We had a good time. You looked great ... I told you so then and there. Congratulations again on your top 3 spot!  Cool
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »

I have asked the question before of a few occasions and the BNBF part is irrelevant is what I was told.
Hopefully I am wrong though.
With the DFAC entering it's 7th year in 2018 it may not be long before DFAC cards are accepted by some of the bigger more established bodies .Time will of course tell.
In the end what will be will be.
Mark H

Kaye and Waterhouse are two of my favourite physiques for sure, and I'd love to see them in the mix at the WNBF.  Regarding the minimum requirements for recognising pro statuses, is it 7 years? I knew it was something like that, but wasn't sure?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 10:53:33 AM »

So pleased for you too, my brother from a different mother  Cool
We've had some laughs  Smiley
DDG

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 05:18:03 AM »

There's another WNBF show on the horizon in Washington State, Seattle at the end of March. I had the pleasure of meeting these guys:

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.james.7965?pnref=friends.search

... who are very personable and keen to attract athletes from all over the globe. Have to admit I'm very tempted as it would give me a second experience of competing in the States while I'm not too far off stage form. Something for me to muse over the festive period with a potential three-month run-in.

http://www.wastatenatural.com/

Damo NY

www.damianleestailoredfitness.co.uk

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 08:58:45 AM »

There's another WNBF show on the horizon in Washington State, Seattle at the end of March. I had the pleasure of meeting these guys:

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.james.7965?pnref=friends.search

... who are very personable and keen to attract athletes from all over the globe. Have to admit I'm very tempted as it would give me a second experience of competing in the States while I'm not too far off stage form. Something for me to muse over the festive period with a potential three-month run-in.

http://www.wastatenatural.com/

Yeah Kevin and Lynda are a nice couple. I think Big Rich has competed and won this show a couple of years ago. Not sure if itís an Open Pro class Dean (all body weights).

Tempted myself as itís a good way of keeping tighter in the off season and itís always nice to see and explore a new city. Weighing up the travelling costs, entry fees etc though may not be worth it.

Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »

Looks like a good show - with $8,000 prize money on offer too.

Seems like it's been going for a few years (at least), so should be well established I'd imagine.
DDG

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 11:53:52 PM »

Well, as it turns out I've already ruled it out. I had hoped that Vicky might be able to come with me as I wouldn't want to travel alone and she's discovered she can't free up those days and will therefore have her children. Pity. But they'll be other shows so our plan is to identify one that allows us both to travel and see somewhere new.

I will get a rest after all! ... but not too much of one as that wouldn't be right! LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements