May 21, 2019, 11:49:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High frequency leg training  (Read 722 times)
Rich mc

Ukdfba under 75kg champion

Email
« on: August 05, 2018, 12:22:33 PM »

Hi guys just thought I would share my recent findings with high frequency leg training.
So I have always had very small legs that just donít seem to respond to my previous training routines over the years.
Beginning of this year I totally changed my training routine and started hitting each body part twice a week.
The first thing I noticed was my legs, they seemed to respond to the extra frequency.
Anyway 7wks ago while strolling through YouTube, as you do, I found the 100 squats a day vids.
This got me thinking I wounder how my legs would respond to loads of frequency.
So for the last 7wks I have been squatting before my workouts(6 days a week)unless itís leg days of course.
I basically see how I feel on the day and this will determine how heavy I go or how many reps but most days I go to about 80-85% of my one rep max.
Results so far are my legs have grown, even my wife has noticed.
And I have also hit two pbs on the squat.
Has anybody else had similar experiences?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 12:34:45 PM »

Hey buddy! Been a while!
I noticed improvements when I separated quads and hams, thus doubling the frequency.  I've never tried anything like the squats you've mentioned.  How's the DOMS?
Rich mc

Ukdfba under 75kg champion

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 12:50:00 PM »

Hi mate
When I first saw this on YouTube I thought no way I could squat 6 times a week but thought I would give it a go and to my surprise the soreness has been fine.
I think because Iím not going all out everyday just seeing how I feel and doing what feels rite on that day.
To give you an idea of what I do here is a normal none leg days squat sesh 🤪
Bar 50
40-40
60-20
80-10
100-10
120-5
130-1-2
140-1
150-1
And thatís taking into account my new 1rm is 180, so 150 is heavy for me.
The only thing I can think is that your body just adapts to the super high frequency.
I think for anybody who struggles with leg development itís worth a try. Worst case scenario go back to previous split.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements