October 18, 2018, 01:23:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is it possible to get ripped in 10 weeks?
Is it possible to get ripped in 10 weeks? - 0 (0%)
Losing 24 pounds in 10 weeks - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to get ripped in 10 weeks? Losing 24 pounds in 10 weeks  (Read 390 times)
AllanD

« on: August 09, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »

Hi!

Im 41 years old and want to get in shape. Perhaps I want to start at a bodybuilding contest, because the next 3 months I have a lot of time.

My last contest was in 2007.

The last years I got to fat and have to lose about 24 pounds. What do you think: It is possible to get in contest shape in only 10 weeks?

I can train twice a day: cardio and strength training. Diet will be on top.

Has anybody reference values or experience?

Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:48:40 PM »

24lbs in 10 weeks can be done. I dropped 50 in 20 weeks and was in good enough shape to be respectable on stage.

I lost my last 10kg in 8 weeks. From 15st 10lbs to 13st 12lbs.

But it's hard to get properly stage cut like that. As I said, I was stage lean, but not winning lean. I was bigger than most of my category, had legs, could pose well enough and had a shape to me, and still came 6th to smaller, less polished bodybuilders because I just wasn't lean enough. And that's a valid reason not to beat them!

It got to a stage where my body didn't want to lose any more fat. Any weight I lost in the last week was lean tissue.

I would have needed to be leaner for longer or dropped a lot slower. But time was what it was and I was very pleased with what I did. It was a feat to lose so much to get that lean first time round and I'm pleased.

Always worth a punt and better than not, but definitely not the best way to diet for a show. Unless it's the only way in the circumstances.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements