December 09, 2018, 10:11:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does only cardio count when working out calorific needs?  (Read 296 times)
thehay95

WWW Email
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »

I have heard conflicting theories on how to determine activity level when working out your calorific needs.

Some people say that you should only count cardio and some say that weight training should be included. Wikipedia says "intense exercise" so, to me, that should include weight training.

Depending on what calculator I use (Schofield equation is my preferred method) I get all kinds of wildly differing amounts, ranging from about 2200kcal a day up to about 3700.

What does everyone here think - should only cardio be counted?

FYI
I have a moderately active job
I lift weights intensely for 45-60 minutes 5 times a week
I do a 20 min HIIT session twice a week
I run a moderate pace 1k 5 times a week
I have 2 full rest days a week
I'm 78kg / 6 ft 1 / 8-10% body fat

What's your best guess on my caloric needs for maintaining current level of body fat with a steady gain in lean muscle?
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »

Online calculators are only estimates at best.

Most accurate way would be to take an average of all these calculations and monitor your weight. If you increase BW, decrease cals. If you decrease BW, you need to up them.

Monitor and adjust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements