July 23, 2019, 02:06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abs and body fat estimate  (Read 370 times)
Jg21

Email
« on: June 26, 2019, 09:31:19 AM »

Hi All, can anyone help please with some direction. Can anyone tell me what body fat % you think I am at. ? Iím thinking maybe 12%. Huh?  Reason is to get more pronounced abs should I concentrate on nutrition to get down to 10% or do I concentrate on working them harder. Thanks for reading and in advance for any thoughts at all.  Smiley
egg-custard

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 03:01:28 PM »

Visually I would think your around 12 per cent
If you need more visual abs then its nutrition
Work abs will help but diet is the way to get them to show
Eggy
Jg21

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 12:49:04 AM »

Thank you Egg for reply. Excuse my ignorance but what is the enemy do you think in terms of diet? Are you saying reduce overall calories per day. Or are you saying eat better ie less  of one type say carbs and replace with something better such as protein? Thinking about it I tend to eat quite a lot of carbs in my evening meal just coz Iím starving and itís easy. Say tuna pasta salad. Maybe I should miss out the pasta and double up on the tuna and salad?

Typical day ....
Breakfast. Porridge with semi milk
Snack 2 bananas and 2 oranges
Lunch sandwiches maybe chicken salad
Snack boiled egg bunch of grapes
Tea tuna pasta salad
Bed time snack chunk of cheddar and some Skyr yogurt

Thanks in advance.

egg-custard

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 06:46:27 AM »

When i cut I go low carb for a few days then I go keto for
The remainder of my cutting period 20 - 30 grams of carbs a day
This way of eating really gets the fat loss going quickly
Jg21

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 01:52:08 PM »

Thanks Egg, so in my meal example if I swapped my morning porridge for say ham and cheese fruit like a continental breakfast. And just missed out pasta from evening meal and doubled up on the salad and tuna. Say for 3 consecutive days, carry on working out and running like I am -  would that make a noticeable difference do you think?
egg-custard

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 04:02:18 AM »

Going keto means  having less 20 grams of carbs a day but low carbing gives you a tad more flexibility
Be wary of fruit on a keto as it contains fructose
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements