May 25, 2019, 03:52:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: 180kg squat  (Read 77652 times)
Alex

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 10:54:58 AM »

Very nice lifting mate, great depth I never go that low squating I am always just above parrallel so not sure I would even give this one a go.

Good lifts though pal
Mark Hesketh

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 04:01:45 PM »

Had another little play after my 185kgs. Partials compared to Jamie's though but said I would put even the ugly ones up  Grin. Always like to see everyone elses clips so only fair to put my attempts up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ocR7bNkkaU

Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 05:48:01 PM »

Nice effort Mark. Good to see you having a bash at 180. I agree that the depth could be deeper but I'm sure you'll crack it in time.

How about filming something with 140? Might have a crack it this myself in a couple of weeks.
Mark Hesketh

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 02:12:46 PM »

Yes surprising the effects bodyweight has currently down to 83.1kg ready to compete at u82.5 in about 3 wks. I'm relatively strong until around 85-86kg and then there seems to be quite a big drop off in strength (need to pull my socks up Grin). Might add in some creatine and up my EFA's a bit.

Its been very interesting filming my lifts as I have failed my first lift in 4 out of the 5 comps I have entered, all on depth. Thought I had nailed a 185k to PL depth on Sat put played it back and it wasn't deep enough  Angry

Down to triples, doubles and singles over the next few weeks but might put a set of 140k in on both the deadlifts and squats to finish my workouts off  Smiley

There are some really good lifters out there who are being very quiet, or just keeping their cards close to their chests  Grin
Si Stevens

Powered by EQ Nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 11:41:50 AM »

Glen Danbury
http://www.youtube.com/user/EQNutrition?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/d-XSy5weez0

Scott Colgate
http://www.youtube.com/user/EQNutrition?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/VDEJADWP6Is
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »

jon, dont even bother to consdier these as they are no where near good enough depth - will attempt again in a few weeks  Grin
Alex

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »

Nice lifts!, Scott could probably lift more if he went a little wider with his stance,

I guess the usual scrutiny to depth will be argued!

Good job guys!
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 12:02:58 PM »

the thing is he cant- i ahve tried to get him to go with a different stance and he is just so used to the narrower stance thathis performance is better with it - even leg pressing etc etc he adopts the same narrow stance
Alex

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 01:18:05 PM »

Aye somtimes peoples body shapes and sizes dictates a certain way of doing things (for example long body short legs and the converse)

I bet has a cracking set of tear drops but suffers with quad sweep (btw I could be well of lol),
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 01:26:48 PM »

I bet has a cracking set of tear drops but suffers with quad sweep (btw I could be well of lol),

Alex, I would have guessed that a lack of inner thigh development (weak adductors) would make you prefer to squat with a more narrow stance? Some groin flexibility issues might be at play too.

BTW, nice vids Glen, getting closer on the depth!
Alex

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 01:29:43 PM »

Alex, I would have guessed that a lack of inner thigh development (weak adductors) would make you prefer to squat with a more narrow stance? Some groin flexibility issues might be at play too.

BTW, nice vids Glen, getting closer on the depth!

Thats also a very good point Jon, squatting tonight so I may review my own squat to see how I come in,
Mark Hesketh

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »

I would have said that they were 'around' the right depth for the challenge Glen/Jon and the sort of depth I was looking to get to.   

Jamies on the other hand are full PL depth (awesome)  Shocked - as you would expect from Jamie  Cool Cool  Never did really like him  Grin

Cant see me getting more than a single or maybe double to full depth.
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »

I would have said that they were 'around' the right depth for the challenge Glen/Jon and the sort of depth I was looking to get to.   

Jamies on the other hand are full PL depth (awesome)  Shocked - as you would expect from Jamie  Cool Cool  Never did really like him  Grin

Cant see me getting more than a single or maybe double to full depth.

yeah as a training session i wouldnt be too unhappy but for me I want to be hitting depth properly
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »

Good point Mark. I've just looked again at your 180 vid and it's close depth-wise to Glen's and Scott's attempt, so it would be unfair of me not to pass them, even though Jamie's appear to be even deeper.

Having said that, Glen said he wasn't happy with them, so I can hold off until we get another video attempt.

I gotta admit, it's not easy judging these when the camera angles are all different. Pure sideways on would be best.
Mark Hesketh

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 03:04:34 PM »

Yes agree totally Jon, not easy to judge with the different angles.

Training depth would have been ok with me for the challenge, as would encourage more attempts. Thought they were done to training depth last year but judges decision is final. Who would be a judge hey Jon  Cheesy

Wont be at all offended if that means my first attempt needs to be disqualified lol. Although Glen wont be getting a Christmas card now  Grin

Squats again on Sunday for me  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements