March 20, 2019, 09:53:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: 180kg squat  (Read 76114 times)
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »

Nice attempt but to be brutally honest the depth was definately a good 6 inches off. Thats the problem with squats though, there isnt a definate start and finish like with deadlift and bench.

I don't expect it to be powerlifting depth standard (crease of hip below knee) but would suggest at least quads horizontal with the floor.

no probs said myself depth was not there two weeks time will set pins at right height and knock you guys of the top Grin
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RggYYpnHMAQ

Does this count? Appreciate  hitching a bit!
Piglet
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2013, 07:31:48 PM »

Ouch, wouldn't want to be your back, Pete. Shocked
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2013, 09:56:31 AM »

Ah, another member for the big butt club! Welcome brother!

Yes your back.struggled on rep 3 mate. Looks to me like you moved your hips too quick for your shoulders and drove through your toes not your heels. Also, be careful of letting your knees travel inwards when you drive up.

Other than that, buddy, form isn't the test here, depth is and it looked deep enough for this challenge. Looks like 3x180kg to me!
thebull

Email
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »

That's useful feedback Mon will certainly try and apply to future sets!!!
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »

they're good rules to follow..move your head and shoulders first. push through your heels (itll make it feel heavier though), and in your head imagine you have a string around your knees and you have to keep it taut by keeping your knees apart on the way up!
thebull

Email
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2013, 10:41:11 AM »

I came back to doing these after a few weeks of deadlift focus and the technique had not felt right. Yo uhave perfectly described what im doing wrong. Im not bracing my traps as I should of been and I was pushing off the balls of my feet rather than through the heels which was causing the inversion of the leg. Just stood here practicing this stance now I can feel it will provide a better bas so thanks for the detailed feedback.

Interestingly I had no back pain at all despite the good mornings at the end. Layne Norton good mornings on his squats and says he doesnt have a problem with it, however I see the benefit for your spine of staying as upright as possible. I think tall people do need that slight forward lean to keep bar central.

Looking forward to doing these again and putting the form into practice.
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »

Cool, should turn out good then, that's a strong lift for you.

I agree tall people need some lean, but only as part of the movement and not at the end after your legs straighten. If you bend, then concentrate all the more on moving your head upwards before your hips. Try to drive your head to the ceiling rather than trying to stand up (thats for all who don't know what I mean, not just you Pete).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements