January 20, 2019, 08:23:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  
Author Topic: 140kg Deadlift  (Read 77014 times)
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »

Fancy a PL comp, Nic? Is that your plan?

I don't look at it in a xBW sense (though it is relevant), as it's not linear when comparing bodyweights and so isn't always clear. What I DO look at is how it compares to the world/british competition results and your deadlift is very very good.

Lots and lots of blokes, even big ones, cannot deadlift 140kg.
daddy1

« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2014, 07:38:03 PM »

Great lifting nic  Smiley
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2014, 02:15:55 PM »

Thanks chaps!

I'm thinking of doing a deadlift only at a full power meet - there's one on Saturday week (BDFPA). I'm a bit unsure, mainly I think because I just don't know what's involved or what to do/expect. I shall probably go along and just give it a go anyway Smiley

I don't have a belt or know what shoes to wear LOL :-/
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2014, 03:42:34 PM »

I'm not sure but rules may state you have to wear a singlet/unitard over a t-shirt too.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2014, 05:02:01 PM »

Yes I've got a singlet (thanks Flick for lending me yours!) so if worst comes to worst I shall wear singlet, converse and no belt Cheesy LOL!
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2014, 05:26:27 PM »

The thing that puts me off is that you can't compete without paying a big 40 odd quid membership fee. Sometimes I just want to have a go without forking out so much. 40 isn't bad but if you do loads of sports and just want a one off for fun it's very steep.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »

Yup, it can get pricey. I guess I've never minded too much because it's really my only indulgence (I don't smoke, rarely go out, and knocked the Bollinger habit on the head some time ago Wink ) Also because I don't begrudge spending money on supporting the grassroots of sport. That's why I still join the BB feds even if I don't end up competing with them that year.

At the end of the day it's a choice innit. And 25 or so to lift a bar up once or twice pales into insignificance when I think about the per-Swarovski cost of BB bikinis (or the per-stroke cost of swimming the Channel!)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements