August 24, 2019, 09:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Some old body building pics  (Read 4631 times)
Max 21
« on: October 30, 2009, 10:14:03 PM »

John Foy

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:26:31 PM »

They are clearly at the top of their sport, but in my opinion, apart from Arnold, they all look ludicrous.
steve davies
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:20:59 AM »

arnie & dorians i prefer , however dorian was a monster !...

when a physique gets to big its not very pleasing imo, but you can imagine the work & dedication these guy's put in...
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 01:48:22 PM »

i just dont understand how arnie ever beat sergio - proper freak
Max 21
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »

TALE OF THE TAPE Arnold Schwarzenegger Height: 6'2" Weight: 235 lbs Sergio Oliva
Height: 5'10" Weight: 240 lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Traps
Both had very good traps- Arnold's were a little more separated, Sergio's were slightly larger.
WINNER: TIE
Shoulders
Delts were never one of Arnold's stronger bodyparts while Sergio's were some of the
best ever.
WINNER: SERGIO

Back
Sergio had a tremendously thick back with flaring lats­ but almost no detail. Arnold's back, while not as powerful as Sergio's, looked like, as Ken Waller said, "A roadmap."
WINNER: Arnold

Arms
A tough one to call. Arnold had amazing arms­ his biceps peaked like no one's before him and few since. Sergio's biceps paled in comparison but his triceps made up for the difference, and his forearms were much meatier than Arnold's. WINNER: Sergio

Chest
These guys had two of the best sets of
pecs ever. Arnold had that ribcage though.

Midsection
This is the area where the two men were most disparate. Blessed with a genetically tiny waist, Sergio had almost a 6" advantage sizewise. But Arnold honed his midsection into a near-perfect set of abs with deeply etched serratus. WINNER: Tie

Thighs
As was the case with many of their bodyparts, Sergio's were fuller, Arnold's more defined. Arnold's quads had more separation than
those of many guys today.

Calves
Again, Sergio's calves were huge­ more like cows­ but not very well defined. Arnold's, when flexed, would bunch up like pythons under
his skin.

Overall Shape
With his incredible V-taper no one could touch Sergio in this department.
WINNER: Sergio

Posing/Presentation
If Sergio had a weakness it was his posing. Despite his impressive "Victory Pose" and a few other signature poses, his overall presentation was awkward and his routine choppy. Arnold shone onstage and drew all eyes to him.

OVERALL WINNER
It's a tough call and one I've wavered on many times over the years. The judgement here, however, is based on the best physique achieved by each man as would be judged according to the standards of a bodybuilding competition today. So, according to the very unscientific and arbitrary judging process instituted by IRON AGE, the winner of the
IRON AGE ARNOLD/SERGIO SHOWDOWN is:'

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER!

Source: Ironage
scam

BNBF south wales ,middle weight champion 2006

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:37:08 PM »

Grin lol
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »

TALE OF THE TAPE Arnold Schwarzenegger Height: 6'2" Weight: 235 lbs Sergio Oliva
Height: 5'10" Weight: 240 lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Traps
Both had very good traps- Arnold's were a little more separated, Sergio's were slightly larger.
WINNER: TIE
Shoulders
Delts were never one of Arnold's stronger bodyparts while Sergio's were some of the
best ever.
WINNER: SERGIO

Back
Sergio had a tremendously thick back with flaring lats­ but almost no detail. Arnold's back, while not as powerful as Sergio's, looked like, as Ken Waller said, "A roadmap."

Arms
A tough one to call. Arnold had amazing arms­ his biceps peaked like no one's before him and few since. Sergio's biceps paled in comparison but his triceps made up for the difference, and his forearms were much meatier than Arnold's. WINNER: Sergio

Chest
These guys had two of the best sets of
pecs ever. Arnold had that ribcage though.

Midsection
This is the area where the two men were most disparate. Blessed with a genetically tiny waist, Sergio had almost a 6" advantage sizewise. But Arnold honed his midsection into a near-perfect set of abs with deeply etched serratus. WINNER: Tie

Thighs
As was the case with many of their bodyparts, Sergio's were fuller, Arnold's more defined. Arnold's quads had more separation than
those of many guys today.

Calves
Again, Sergio's calves were huge­ more like cows­ but not very well defined. Arnold's, when flexed, would bunch up like pythons under
his skin.

Overall Shape
With his incredible V-taper no one could touch Sergio in this department.
WINNER: Sergio

Posing/Presentation
If Sergio had a weakness it was his posing. Despite his impressive "Victory Pose" and a few other signature poses, his overall presentation was awkward and his routine choppy. Arnold shone onstage and drew all eyes to him.

OVERALL WINNER
It's a tough call and one I've wavered on many times over the years. The judgement here, however, is based on the best physique achieved by each man as would be judged according to the standards of a bodybuilding competition today. So, according to the very unscientific and arbitrary judging process instituted by IRON AGE, the winner of the
IRON AGE ARNOLD/SERGIO SHOWDOWN is:'

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER!

Source: Ironage

the problem with all this tosh is they are comparing arnold in his reign as olympia winner which has another six or more years of progess - just on the day look at arnld first win and alot of those qualities mentioned there wheren't as dominant as making out IMO
the sheep

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 10:17:48 PM »

ye i have seen footage and it was a very close call sergio was by far the bigger and as you say arnolds condition wernt there in 1970
mikey-c

If you listen you will understand me

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 02:15:08 AM »

Here's a few-

[attachment deleted by admin]
mikey-c

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »

Cool

Natural Oak

WNBF Pro World, 3x NPA, 1x UKDFBA, ProAm Champ

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 11:09:40 AM »

Brian Buchanon...WOAH!!  Shocked
Max 21
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »

I've never seen that Arnie pic before.

Max 21
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »

Two of my fav shots-ever.......check Levrones shoulders!

mikey-c

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 08:45:41 AM »

mikey-c

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 08:48:53 AM »

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements