May 25, 2019, 04:51:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 50kg Dumbbell Walking Lunges  (Read 12800 times)
felix

« on: December 23, 2010, 02:04:56 AM »

Here is a video clip of me doing 50kg dumbbell walking lunges in the gym today I got 11 steps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF5a0T1iMZ0
Davesky

Getting there

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 01:11:22 AM »

Impressive. You make those 50kg dumbbells look like very little.
felix

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 06:17:30 PM »

Thanks Dave I find the 50kg dumbbells hard going but I am sure the more often I do them I will find them a bit easier to do.
Bungle

If it doesnt scare you it isnt heavy enough!

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 12:25:56 PM »

Christ just watched this and you've motivated me for tomorrows leg workout..very impressive....i usually leave lunges til the end to really kill my legs...and have never tried it with more than 30kg db's......and after stiff legged deads my wrists are usually murder trying to hold the buggers aswell...tomorrow i'll have a go with a but more weight....
felix

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 05:52:27 PM »

Thanks Bungle I am glad I have motivated you I started doing walking lunges at the end of last year I had never done them before I started with the 18 dumbbells and in just over a year have worked my way up to the 50s which are the heaviest dumbbells in the gym so my aim now is to do more steps with them and get right down with them. I also think they have helped my grip strength. 30 dumbbells are very good going with walking lunges especially at the end of your workout I am sure you will be able to do even more weight after working at them for a while.
Bungle

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »

Thanks Bungle I am glad I have motivated you I started doing walking lunges at the end of last year I had never done them before I started with the 18 dumbbells and in just over a year have worked my way up to the 50s which are the heaviest dumbbells in the gym so my aim now is to do more steps with them and get right down with them. I also think they have helped my grip strength. 30 dumbbells are very good going with walking lunges especially at the end of your workout I am sure you will be able to do even more weight after working at them for a while.

I'll be training legs a bit later today, but i think i'll give em a bash at 40kg each side for the first attempt, plus recently i have been doing more bb lunges than db so it will be a good change...
DDG
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »

As impressive as it is to hold 50kg dumbells and perform lunges, does this not amount to wasted energy in terms of training legs? I mean, surely the point of training legs is to exhaust the quads and hamstrings, by focusing on big compound movements like squats and heavy leg presses. Personally, I would rather do this than be thinking about my failing grip as I try to hold onto 50kg dumbells while gasping for breath. Just a personal viewpoint, but what do you think?
felix

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »

Dean I do heavy squats as well in the same workout allow I  probably do not go as deep as a lot of people can go in these and I know as you say it is a leg workout I am doing but if I can hold on to the 50 dumbbells what is wrong with giving my grip a bit of a workout at the same time I have never used straps so I am sure they would probably not help me very much as it would take a while to get used to them and most of the time my legs give up before my grip in lunges anyway.
DDG
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »

That's an amazing grip Felix, I am in awe! Shocked I say that because I know I couldn't do it myself, not least at the end of a leg workout. Smiley
Bungle

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:40:48 PM »

Well i did some after leg extensions, full back squats, ham curls, stiff legged deadlifts...and did pretty well.....But i must admit i find it easier to balance with barbell.....i'm determined to get something on the challenge board but i doubt it will be 50kg lunges  Grin     with my shoulder injury i think back is my best bet...got 14 reps on reverse grip barbell ez rows today at 100kg on good form which i'm very happy with..it was my second exercise and 3rd working set of bb rows.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 12:18:43 PM »

those lunges have me dumbstruck, i struggle with the 20s
Mark Hesketh

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 12:54:27 PM »

Only ever done these pre contest (along time ago  Cheesy) at the end of a leg workout and with 16/18 kgs. Couldnt imagine 50kgs  Shocked and will NOT be trying them either  Grin

Felix where abouts do you do these, at the beginning or end of your leg workouts?
felix

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 12:07:00 AM »

Thanks Scott and Mark somtimes I do lunges before squats and sometimes I do them after squats then I do glute ham raises, leg extensions and seated toe press for calfs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements