May 25, 2019, 03:49:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overall Leader??  (Read 7351 times)
Mark Hesketh

Email
« on: January 13, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »

Just a thought Jon but maybe time for an Overall Leader Board to show who is the all round challenge leader. 

Something like 10 points for a 1st place, 9 points for a 2nd place down to 1 point for a 10th place in each of the challenges. To see who is the forum's strongest overall Jamie/Glen/Monbeef/Strange etc

Like I said just a thought  Smiley

Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »

Nice idea Mark, I might give this a go.
winter

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 05:13:49 AM »

Will you do the leader board based on bodyweight, Jon?

Or keep things simple and do it based on performance regardless of BW?

I fancy a go at the 140kg deads and possibly the squat. Will need to dust down and recharge the ol' camera!
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »

bodyweight shouldn't count unless number of reps etc is equal i reckon.

Ie, jamie and i push prepped 4 x 100kg each. He's lighter, so he should be ahead really.
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »

I have been thinking more about the idea of having an overall ranking system. One problem is the time required to recalculate all the totals when the placings get adjusted. It would be nice to have it automated, although the forum software is not powerful enough to do this, so it would have to be done by hand.

Will you do the leader board based on bodyweight, Jon?

I'm not overly keen on the idea of factoring in bodyweight. Too easy for people to cheat the system. I know most people on here are the honest sort, but it only takes one.
Col

BDFPA u90kg British Champion 2013

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 02:03:50 AM »

Its just a bit of fun, don't think there's any need for an overall system. It'll make it a little too serious and like Mon said you then get into the realms of bodyweight and schwartz formulas etc, all very unecessarily complicated imo Cool
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 05:54:43 AM »

i think its all common sense anyway.

I can look at the moment and know im winning each pressing movement (sharing one with jamie), if anyone overtakes them ill do it again to stay pressing champ!

Col, Jamie and Glen currently round out the leaders for the big hip exercises.

Other than winners, ive got a few low places in pulling too, but jamie ha many top/second places in pressing as well as his hip extension wins.

Felix and keith round out the bodyweight exercises!

We dont need an overall leader. There is a pulling battle, and a pressing leader Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements