April 24, 2019, 09:24:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Hannam, WNBF Pro  (Read 70922 times)
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:22:57 PM »

Welcoming Michael Hannam, WNBF Pro and 2009 INBF Overall World Champion. Also 2009 NPA Pro-Am winner and 2008 NPA British Overall Champion.

Here to answer all your questions at Natural Muscle.  Cool
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:56:51 PM »

Well Michael since now ones asked anything.
Whats your training style and approach?
What does an average days eating like? Off season and pre contest?

Also nice to met you a couple of years ago at the BNBF  Bognor
dan236

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »

This is a great thread!
Michael you have a corking physique and have the potential to do really well as a pro. I saw you at the MWC which was brill between you and Jay.
Am I right in saying that you do powerlifting?
Michael Hannam
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 08:41:12 PM »

Hiya guys

First thing that I would like to say are thanks for Jon H for this Q & A Board. Itís a great opportunity for me to give back some knowledge in the sport I love and have been training in for the past 15 years.

For people who know me will know that I am very out spoken and opinionated, PLEASE DO NOT be offended I will answer any question given to me, some people will agree with me and some people will not!! I am not here to argue but just to give my opinion.

Look forward to the questions - fire away!
Michael Hannam
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:20:41 PM »

Hi Scott

I always train hard and to failure with a positive attitude. Since 2008 after the N.P.A finals I started training more with the approach of improving weak areas and maintaining my strengths to try and achieve the more complete physique.
I train four times a week in the off season and five whilst dieting thatís not including cardio. I've tried to train more in the off season but feel it does not give me enough time to recover. All body parts once a week.
Regards to my diet I always eat clean, no fast foods, take always or alcohol. I'm a firm believer in 'You are what you eat'. There's no point in training your ass off if your not gunna replenish your body with what it needs to grow!
My usual daily intake consists of oats, whey, fruit, rice, tuna, poultry, meat etc. As my off season diet is so good I usually eat the same whilst dieting but smaller quantities and more cardio.

Thanks
Michael Hannam
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »

Hi Dan

The MWC in 2009 was a battle with jay thatís for sure.

Yeah I do have a back ground for power lifting and strongman, in the off season for bodybuilding I train a lot heavier with a lower rep range. I find training for different sports keeps me interested and hungry for competition. I do love strongman inparticular the training for it is so different with so many events to train for! the only problems I have are my knees are f#cked so very limited with squatting events!!

Unequipped lifts are as follows
Weight - 90kg
Bench 165kg with a pulse
Dead lifts 240kg
Squat 200kg
Total 605kg
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »

Hi Michael nice to have you on here in this official capacity! What does an average split look lik for you on a weekly basis?

And are you competing this year? Grin
Michael Hannam
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 09:18:11 AM »

Hiya bully

I train mon,wed,fri and saturday. Over the years ive tried different splits but this realy works for me. The most important factor in natural bodybuilding is to rest and recover.

Monday is back 1hr, hams 20 min and bi's 15 min
Wednesday is chest 1hr and abbs 20 min
Friday is quads 1hr min and calves 20 min
Saturday is shoulders 40 mins and tri's 20 mins

Thats the cycle im using at the moment it will last probaly 12 weeks before i shuffle things around, it works well for the areas i need to improve.

Yes i will be on stage at some point probaly around september october time, i have not decided what shows to do yet.

Thanks

Bungle

If it doesnt scare you it isnt heavy enough!

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 01:36:54 PM »

Hi,

It's interesting that you train for nearly 1.5hrs each session, i have found that i cant go longer than an hour...when you change your routine round do you stay at this length of session or do you cut the time down?

Some serious weight your chucking round there too!  Grin
Adam

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 02:36:42 PM »

Great to have the opportunity to ask you questions Michael. 

On top of your clean eating  what supplements do you take off season ? 
Do you add anything or change any of these in your pre contest phase?

Thanks for a reply all the best with your training  .
Michael Hannam
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »

Hiya Bungle

I have always trained for around 2 hours a session which includes a good warm up and cool down, i do a lot of pyramid training starting lite and working up to my 'working sets', ive never had a problem with fatique, the only time i might shorten work outs is obviously when im dieting which includes less rest time and more drop and super sets.

Hope this helps
Bungle

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »

Thanks Michael...so do you have an intra workout drink or literally pre workout shake / meal then train?
Michael Hannam
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 12:17:12 AM »

Hiya adam

In the off season I take the following supps;

Instant whey, creapure, glutamine, progen meal replacement, miscellar casein, pre workout performance matrix and growth matrix after. I consume a lot of creatine based supps in the off season and swap performance matrix with nos fusion and  scrap the progens whilst dieting. I try to eat more solid foods when dieting.

Hope this helps

Bungle

I consume performance matrix and a banana before workouts and then post workout drinks nothing in between.
Bungle

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »

Ur a beast then m8, i'd be face down training over an hour  Grin
dan236

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »

I take it you are lucky to be sponsored by Reflex  Cheesy?
What did your powerlifting split look like?.. I'm just getting into powerlifting so still getting my head around it.
Also have you always competed with the NPA? If so, why not the BNBF with them offering pro-cards unlike the NPA, or was your main goal not to become a Pro?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements