April 24, 2019, 09:21:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Hannam, WNBF Pro  (Read 70921 times)
Michael Hannam
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »

Bungle, I cant imagine anybody being able to train so quickly in an hour, im just getting started! Cheesy but like i said before what ever works for you.

Dan, I like to think ive worked very hard to gain reflex's sponcership there great supplements and i could'nt train and gain without them. Smiley
For powerlifting i would train chest on wednesdays so every other week i would start with bench pressing, focusing on strength training low sets up to 3reps (warm up) and then single lifts after 130kg up to max, as soon as ive finished my 1 rep max finish with a triple drop set to failure. (Ex. 165 - 140 - 100 - 60) Then finish your normal chest routine (like a bodybuilder).
On Fridays i start with squats with the same strategy as chest but usually with a single drop set at the end, then continue leg session with leg extensions and one legged machine pressing, then calves to failure, and then its the killer dead lifts low rep sets again to finish me off, ive always done deadlifts on squat day if you hav'nt tryed it then i think you should you might surprise yourself!!
Hope this helps - give it ago.
Michael Hannam
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 11:40:39 AM »

Dan, Ive competed with the bnbf many times (2002 as a junior, 2006 novices and 2007 middleweight), I realy like vicky mccann and what she puts into natural bodybuilding but I did'nt like the fact that the british finals were always in scotland! It became to expensive getting up there from the south and i always thought the guys were a lot bigger compared to the n.p.a! being a life time natural i thought the n.p.a was more suited to my physique. I never realy thought about becoming a pro as i did'nt expect to win the british finals so soon to be honest. I cant thank the n.p.a and Michael phillips enough with all there support and getting the opportunity to go to New York!! I believe in fate and i always say things work out and happen for a reason.

There is a high posibility I WILL compete with the BNBF again!!
Damo NY

www.damianleestailoredfitness.co.uk

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »

Hi Michael,

How far out from a show do you start your cardio sessions?

Cheers

Damo
Michael Hannam
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »

Damo, It totally depends on my weight lose, i have a very physical job so i try to do as little as posible, but its usually 6-8 weeks out. Cool
Michael Hannam
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »

Hiya guys

I have just put my name forward for the midlands under 90kg strongman comp in april, the events are as follows, i have 10 weeks to loose 5kg and master the events!! I CANT WAIT!!!

Axel press for reps. 95kg 75sec time limit

Anvil carry 125kg, max distance, 90sec time limit

Deadlift for reps. Olympic bar, standard height, 200k, 75sec time limit

6 item loading medley. 95k sack, 75k and 100k barrel, 80k lorry tyre, 80k dishwasher, 80k kerbstone, + 20m sprint finish

Side handle deadlift hold approx 240k. Max time

Back 2 Back tug-o-war

SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 09:57:02 PM »

Damo, It totally depends on my weight lose, i have a very physical job so i try to do as little as posible, but its usually 6-8 weeks out. Cool

What do you do?

Do you find it hard getting the food in while at work?
Michael Hannam
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 11:09:42 PM »

Scott, i am a tree surgeon, i'm climbing pretty much all day everyday. Im not realy a heavy eater so i eat every 3 hours max, i get up extra early to prepare all my food. Its a very hard job but it keeps me in good shape all year round! Cool
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:49 AM »

Thats  a very physical job Shocked bet the tree climbing is fun after a leg day Grin
Wolverine

2010 NPA Britain

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 09:31:03 AM »

Michael
Great to have you on here. Hopefully we can all
Learn from eachother.
As a newcomer to powerlifting your figures are impressive.
Do you still use bodypart splits when training for powerlifting or a more lift prep approach?
I am hoping that spending 6 months powerlifting will increase my base strength to try Olympic lifts again later in the year.
dan236

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »

Michael, good luck with the comp!
What will your training look like for it?
Michael Hannam
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »

Hi Scott, yeah it is a great job, but its a sod after a back and bi's session the night before!! Sad

Hiya Jon, yeah its a good idea to have these Q & A's like you said its interesting to see how other people do things, with regards to my powerlifting i basically include it in my training for bodybuilding so i would still train chest with abbs for example, i've never taken it serious enough to train soley for powerlifting.
whats your current routine?

Hi Dan, I will include specific event training in with my normal routine, a cupple of the events are weekly exercises anyway (deadlifts and axle pressing). The anvil carry should be a good event for me and the loading medley im used to carrying and loading logs at work! The tug of war is a bit random!
SteHowie

5 x British 2 x UIBBN World Champ Powered by EQ

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:32 PM »

Hi Michael - Hope you are good.
Arboriculturalist - that brings back good memories - my Step dad was one years back, before he retired - every evening/weekend he would borrow me to split the trunks into rings and the rings into logs - wielding the axe - my perfect job!!  Earned a few bob selling the logs to the old folk where we used to live - no pocket money in those days  Cry

Just a couple of quick ones!

How long do you rest between sets?  You take an hour over chest - how many exercises do you do and do you hit specific rep ranges or train to the feel? 
Any tips for bringing up a lagging chest?
How far off stage condition do you keep?  Do you ever bulk up with the powerlifting?
And a daft one - what is your favorite food - both on a comp diet and off?
MJP
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 08:03:13 PM »

How old were you when you started training Michael? I think you won the Junior ANB Britain title, right?
Michael Hannam
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »

Hiya steve

I'm great thanks, buzzin from the strongman training! congrats on your achievements abroad with the UIBBN! 'WORLD CHAMPION' feels great doesnt it!?

I am an arborcultural climber for the council, its a great job like i said previously but bloody hard work! Its a nightmare when im dieting to! Its not great feeling lite headed, hungry and fatiqued when dieting swinging around the trees with a chainsaw but it keeps me in good shape! I sale logs too on the side.

At the moment whilst i am training for power and strength i would start with flat benching, normal warm up applies for example 10x60, 6x100, 3x120, 2x140, 1x150, 1x160 drop set down to 140-100-60  all to failure exploding off the chest. I usually have approx 3-4 mins rest between the 3 heaviest sets. Then i'll continue with Incline dumbell pressing, cable cross overs and flat flyes with less rest time and usually up to 6 reps/set. My chest will always be fairly flat due to such wide shoulders but i've defently added thickness to it by training heavier!! So my tip would be to train heavier for lagging body parts! Off season i would stay at approx 95-96kg, 10kg over stage weight. Ive been heavier in the past hitting the 100kg point but felt fu#king heavy and actually weaker than i was at 94kg or so!....

continue below...

Michael Hannam
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »

My favourite off season food has to be somerset brie(soft cheese) rapped in filo pastry with cranberry sauce!!......... and my favourite diet food would probaly be the same!(only joking) no its gotta be turkey breast and mushrooms!!...

Hows your training going and when do you plan to get back on stage?!

All the best Cool

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements