February 20, 2019, 05:26:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Hannam, WNBF Pro  (Read 69776 times)
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »

Mike this may have been asked before, obviously you have plenty of size now but just wondering when you were younger and still building your frame, how much did you get out of shape when not competing?
Michael Hannam
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2011, 05:31:59 PM »

Hiya Bull,

When i first competed as a junior i weighed in at 11st 4 which is approx 72kg, over the years i have progressed and added weight to my frame consistently over the past 10 years, I am planning to compete this year around the 85kg mark, Every off season i usually have the mentallity to stay leaner but it never happens and i always end up weighing around the 95kg mark, I have been as high as 98 but felt very heavy! This strategy has worked for me and i have progressed every year adding mass to my frame.

Off season though i do consume alot of creatine based supplements like creapure and tri-matrix so alot of that weight is probaly excess water retention

hope all is well and your training is going to plan, thanks for the question M
Michael Hannam
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »

Hiya all, I have been trying to decide where and when to make my pro debut and NOW i have finaly come to a decision!!

I am flying upto Glasgow to compete in the BNBF British pro-mens class on the 18th september! I know of a few more entrys and the standard of competition is going to be insane!! I have not got a clue how i am going to get on or how im going to look but cant wait to get on stage again!!

See you up there...

M Cool
HEFT

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2011, 10:09:11 PM »

Is Wayne not with the WNBF now for doing the Pro-AM??

I contacted the WNBF in 2010 and back then if you hadn't won any prize money within the WNBF they were happy for me to compete in the Pro-Am.... although i wish i hadn't with far more important things going on in my life.

However, the rules have now been updated for the 2011 season and states that WNBF athletes may ONLY compete within the WNBF or like Michael says will forefit their status for 2 years.

So.... after a backwards step last year, looking forward.  Cool

Hope your prep is going well Mike.

Wayne.
HEFT

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2011, 10:11:48 PM »

Hiya all, I have been trying to decide where and when to make my pro debut and NOW i have finaly come to a decision!!

I am flying upto Glasgow to compete in the BNBF British pro-mens class on the 18th september! I know of a few more entrys and the standard of competition is going to be insane!! I have not got a clue how i am going to get on or how im going to look but cant wait to get on stage again!!

See you up there...

M Cool

Hi Mike.
This won't be affiliated with the WNBF will it??  You had a change of heart with the WNBF??

Wayne

Michael Hannam
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »

Hiya Wayne, good to here from you mate and i hope your fired up for the New York trip!!

Yes i have joined the IFPA for several reasons and will not be competing with the WNBF!

Firstly, I wanna compete on home soil and dont want to have to travel abroad to germany or the US to compete, this allows more family and freinds to come and support me as its cheaper and closer!
I am shore Lee kemps new show will eventually run a Pro class like the BNBF but who knows when that will be? also i dont want to be tied to any federation, the IFPA allow competitors to compete with other feds, atleast if i feel ready and want a run out i could do a local show with another fed and not feel like i have done something wrong! I feel the BNBF are very perfessional and look after there atheletes the shows they put on are very well run with some of the best theatres and stage set ups around! I am now looking forward to making my Pro-debut in Glasgow in 6 weeks, and cant wait to be standing along side some of the best Natural Bodybuilders in the UK and US!!

Good luck in NY!

M Cool
HEFT

« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2011, 08:30:56 AM »

Hi Mike.

Sounds like a plan and wish you all the best with your venture and good luck in 6 weeks time.
I'm guessing the IFPA accept WNBF pro's (in your case) to compete at their competition??

Sure the standard will be very high as is it with the WNBF.... when you flick through the pages of the Natural Bodybuilding and fitness and think there is some big dudes (especially Mr. Daniels) and great physiques!!!  Shocked

I am definately doing the Germany show now unless something drastic happens and aint under no illusions with what my expectations will be out their..... i hope its judged fairly as it was in New York but i am sure their will be a lot of 'home crowd' support for zeee Germans Roll Eyes

Well, good luck with your last few weeks of prep and your Pro Debut  Cool

Wayne.

Michael Hannam
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2011, 09:39:50 AM »

Hey Wayne, The thought of going to germany did originally sound good to me but i was'nt shore if anyone else was going and didnt wanna travel on my own! Sad I get stressed out quite easily and the thought of going over there with no one speaking english would finish me off!!! Like you say i dont know what the standard will be like? be interesting to here your report of the show!

Good luck mate

M Cool
Si Stevens