April 24, 2019, 08:48:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Oakes, UIBBN World Champion  (Read 120640 times)
Natural Oak

WNBF Pro World, 3x NPA, 1x UKDFBA, ProAm Champ

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »

Mark - sorry for yet more tanning Qs -

did you use the liquid, mousse or both?
when you say you showered, did you just jump under the water and rinse? Or scrub/soap?

Thanks!

(the second question comes from my Mum - self appointed Chief Tanner 2013 - who told me to "ask that man what he means when he said he showered..." LOL )

No worries,
- liquid
- assume you mean the shower after applying the tan. Just jumped in and rinsed 'til the water ran clear ish.

Did do a practice run a couple of weeks before getting onstage to make sure this approach worked for me too.
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2013, 07:22:06 PM »

Lol, love that Nic. Such a mum way of asking.

Well done, Mark that's an awesome result. You looked to push him hard too. Condition and tan was better and mass was close. He had that grainy UKBFF look though a d a good shape. 3rd place was good too and you smashed him!

What class was it mate? 70 or 80kg?

Cheers, mate. Was under 80kg.
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2013, 07:24:20 PM »

So. How did the beat you? You look like the winner to me. Also what advice would you give too a beginner? Thank you for your time Mark. What would be your ultimate pro am line up.?

Judging can always go any way and what you see in pix not always what you see on the stage. In the metal, could have perhaps gone wither way. Always hard to win as a newbie to a fed against folk with an established presence, when it's close. No complaints at all about the judging or the organisation. Immensely slick and fair to get through 150 athletes in the day. Everyone weighed in very professionally and back stage very very well run.
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2013, 07:25:28 PM »

Thanks for posting the pics, holding your own very well there Mark and as already has been said pushing the winner very hard for 1st. You certainly looked to have the edge on condition.
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »

Mine is you. Richard gozdecki. Andrew Palmer. John Harris. Mike Hannah.Andrew merrifeild. Mat alewell. Vince mawayee. I will add if I think of any more these can be names of past and present

If we are talking just UK based athletes, which looks like you are from your example, mine would be as follows (although likely to need to edit this as I always forget people!) And I'm talking about each in their prime...

Rich Gozdecki, Rob Hope, Jon Harris, Brandon Greenwood, Nigel Davies, Rob Feesey, Ralph Searing, Lee Williams, Andrew Merrifeld, Matty Alwell

I'm sure more will come to me! Diet/Old age perhaps to blame!! If I could get in that line up, that would be 11 athletes...meaning clealry five of us outside the top 6!!
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »

Thanks for posting the pics, holding your own very well there Mark and as already has been said pushing the winner very hard for 1st. You certainly looked to have the edge on condition.

To be honest, the condition card was mine without doubt, as was posing. The winner weighed in about 2kg more and you can see is an inch or two shorter. Had a more "UKBFF look", if you know what I mean. Different judges, different day, might have gone the other way. But I had a great time, there was no pressure at all and I tried a few things slightly differently.

Have had a sports massage today (nearly 3 hours!!  Shocked ) and the this added to the week gone by and the show itself have really hardened me up a noticeable fraction. Bring on the UKDFBA show.  Smiley
daddy1

« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2013, 08:00:22 PM »

Good luck with that show mate. Hope to be attending myself.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »

Mark - sorry for yet more tanning Qs -

did you use the liquid, mousse or both?
when you say you showered, did you just jump under the water and rinse? Or scrub/soap?

Thanks!

(the second question comes from my Mum - self appointed Chief Tanner 2013 - who told me to "ask that man what he means when he said he showered..." LOL )

No worries,
- liquid
- assume you mean the shower after applying the tan. Just jumped in and rinsed 'til the water ran clear ish.

Did do a practice run a couple of weeks before getting onstage to make sure this approach worked for me too.

Thanks. I guess I'm calling BNBF Finals my practice run - the reason Mum was so keen on your showering protocol (!) is that she thinks I was a "beautiful colour" on the drive home from BNBF - which was after several showers and scrubs.

Cheers!
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »

Mark,
On your return wed all like to read a full report on earning your Pro Card  Cool
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2013, 11:09:14 PM »

Hey Keith, if it's ok, think I will wait until the end of the season then spend some time writing something a bit more thorough covering my antics this year. I'm competing through to November, so plenty to write I suspect.

So watch this space.  Cool
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2013, 11:37:21 AM »

Looking forward to that, good luck with the rest of the shows.
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2013, 10:25:59 AM »

Just a quick one....still plan on writing something thorough on my return from the WNBF Worlds (didn't know I would be able to say that at the start of the year....but was an aim!)

Do post anything here which you would like me to include in that article.  Cool

Wanted to go on record here to GIVE A HUGE THANK YOU to pretty much the whole bodybuilding community! The level of support that I (and Heather....#powercouple! Love it) have received this year had been truly humbling and very much appreciated.

In previous years, I have seen a lot of negativity towards many of the champions and too much angst between Feds. This year, this has NOT been the case from where I have been standing. It is refreshing! I have seen real support, not just for me, but for others. Positive comments and feedback to those who have placed first, and last. A united attitude on some level, amongst the athletes at least, across Feds where everyone is rooting for each other...especially on the international stage.

Yes, in an ideal world, there would be one fed in the UK and only one international fed. IMO. Being the best in any year would be undisputed. That aside, when you compete abroad, you are part of a team competing in an individual sport. But importantly representing your nation to the world on a huge stage. It is a big deal, something to aspire to for many, definitely something to be proud of, and an achievement.

But rambling, the positive vibes have certainly been such a welcome change. I was starting to get frustrated with it and saddened. Not so right now!

WNBF Pro Worlds here I come...will be in the light weight class, right at the top. "Tell 'em I'm coming, and I'm bringing hell with me!"
MJP
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2013, 08:36:54 AM »

Well done Nat Oak, great end to your competitive season!  Cool
SteHowie

5 x British 2 x UIBBN World Champ Powered by EQ

« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2013, 09:11:54 AM »

Grin That first place sits well around your neck  Grin

If you are going to pen somthing - I wonder what your first emotion was when the call your name?  And then when that World Champ tag sinks in - how did you reflect on a fantastic year?  And is this the end of The Might Oak on stage or have you set further goals?  Grin
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2013, 01:02:03 PM »

Huge congrats Mark!

Great year for you, gotta be your best year in the sport?

Looking forward to hearing all about it.  Cool

Also, echo what Steve said, is the Natural Oak finally going to be felled?  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements