May 25, 2019, 11:48:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Oakes, UIBBN World Champion  (Read 121670 times)
Natural Oak

WNBF Pro World, 3x NPA, 1x UKDFBA, ProAm Champ

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »

Hi Guys,
Thank you. The congrats are very much appreciated.   Cool

T answer the short questions. Yes...without doubt my BEST season EVER in the sport...bar none! The WNBF pro World is undoubtedly the pinnacle.

As to Steve and Jon questions of what next and how I feel....cos trust me, I'm still MASSIVELY buzzing! I will be writing something. Probably one very factual "this is what I did and when, diet, train type" thing, to answer the questions which still get asked. And a a second piece about the journey this year.

I'm in Boston this week, work starts tomorrow for me here. S plan to get this done in the week or so when I return, whilst still fresh and relevant. Assuming Jon is then OK with this, will ask him if these can be hosted here??

So for today....breakfast here in the hotel, visit to Golds to train , and court side Basketball at the Celtics tonight!

Other thing? I really need to work out how to change the title of this thread now!!  Cheesy
SteHowie

5 x British 2 x UIBBN World Champ Powered by EQ

« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

:-) I have another interesting piece that would be great to get your musing on?  I have photos of us both on stage as Heavyweights - Ok that is going back a few years,, roll onto 2013 Bantamweight WNBF Pro World Champ - how did you cope with going from a big geezer to a smaller big geezer and shredded to conquer the world - and what weight sits most comfortably?  Could we all do such an amazing feat if we dieted down?  Can't see myself as a Middleweight mind!
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:02 AM »

I came here to ask about weight but Steve beat me to it.

I was going to ask about this as you were a beefy tight middle (NPA) in 2011, hugely impressive already then but then you came in 3kg lighter at the WNBF than I believe you did the 2011 INBF and presented a slightly different physique. Little less pure beef mass but still retaining a lot of the mass with slightly sharper lines.

I checked, the weight in 2011 was 76.8 (INBF) and it was considerably less this year.

Was this a deliberate physique alteration and something you felt you needed to do to move on to the next level and fulfil the ambitions of pro world champ?
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2013, 09:39:16 PM »

Hi All,

Hoping to put pen to paper this weekend, but in the meantime, here is some backstage footage of pumping up in Boston...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi9U1AUdd2I&feature=c4-overview&list=UUsn-uymv6VCbibUCiozojqw&hd=1

Cool
merve

Email
« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2013, 09:54:02 AM »

Change your name to the natural freak  Smiley ! Fair play to you Mark an absolute beast and an iron warrior
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »

That backstage footage is stunning. What tan is it Mark? Looks Dreamtan colour but it looks to be set on your body and not instant tan
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »

That backstage footage is stunning. What tan is it Mark? Looks Dreamtan colour but it looks to be set on your body and not instant tan

I could tell you...but I'd have to kill you!  Grin

Nah...it is one coat of Liquid Sunrayz first applied Thursday night, showered off Friday morning. One coat of Dream tan applied Friday night and slept in. (Sleep inside a duvet cover...cheap n cheerful from ASDA). Then all that was needed was touch up with Dream Tan backstage. And backstage really was light/touch up. Remember the show itself was Saturday. Did the same for the Britain but all a day later as a Sunday show.

Seems that this approach required much less dream tan. In the morning after sleeping in it, it was really stuck on. I've always felt that dream tan is too thick and hides condition, this didn't seem the case with this approach.

Blimps...everyone is planning ahead this year! I still haven't managed to get all the LSR off from this year!  Wink
SteHowie

5 x British 2 x UIBBN World Champ Powered by EQ

« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »

Amazing how long LSR lasts!  Stil bits hanging on now.  One Mum at school this week - oh are you OK?  You look very Pale, hmmm last of LSR come off then!
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2013, 10:02:56 AM »

Grin Maybe we should wash more often??!!  Cheesy

Did use their Tan Off jelly stuff this year...pretty good too.
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2013, 08:00:41 AM »

This is the onstage footage. Pretty long! Shows how hard we had to work onstage, especially since not every minute is filmed! We were onstage for around 25 minutes. Routine and presentation at the end,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mKEBV9RCm4&feature=share&list=UUsn-uymv6VCbibUCiozojqw
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »

Tan worked great and really helped compliment the dry physique. As you say the DT can take away the fine detail which you work so hard for.
Adam

« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2015, 07:52:38 AM »

Hi Mark your heavy lowish rep style training do you time your rest periods between your two work sets if so how long would you usually take and is this a variable that remains constant whether pre contest or off season ? Thanks alot Adam
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »

Hi Mark your heavy lowish rep style training do you time your rest periods between your two work sets if so how long would you usually take and is this a variable that remains constant whether pre contest or off season ? Thanks alot Adam

Hey Adam, good to hear from you.

I don't time rest periods at all. I allow myself as long as it takes to recover between sets so that each set can be attacked with 100% focus. If I'm with a partner, this is usually not much more than for them to complete their set. Training alone, this does vary a bit from session to session also, usually as a result of energy levels that may fluctuate as a result of a busy day at work (or with a newborn baby...perhaps less than ideal sleep! 👍😀)

This pattern is the same precontest. My gut feel is that recovery is a little quicker precontest as my aerobic fitness is definitely better from the cardio. Still never time it though.

Good to hear you're having a crack at the heavy iron!
Adam

« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2015, 04:31:03 PM »

Thanks for the reply Mark.  Good to know your human to and energy levels fluctuate depending on work and life etc. 

All the best with your newborn
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2015, 04:45:58 PM »

Thanks for the reply Mark.  Good to know your human to and energy levels fluctuate depending on work and life etc. 

All the best with your newborn

Cheers, mate! Nothing that preworkout and coffee can't cure...that and loud ipod music!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements